Sunday 13 March 2016

VoiceThread

This week in class we were given the opportunity to investigate the tool Voicethread. At first glance, this tool was a bit confusing to use as the interface was not as user friendly as I hoped. However, after taking the time of learning and using the tool, I do see its merits and how it could be a beneficial academically and a tool to be added to my PLE. In terms of adding this tool to my PLE, I would add it as a learning tool. This tool is great to reinforce something you are learning. I am a little hesitant on adding this tool because I am more of a visual learner. I do see people loving this tool as sometimes hearing something being told rather than reading can be easier for someone, but for the case of me, I find visually seeing something better. In terms of using this tool for my academic work, as iterated above I do prefer visually seeing over hearing, however I do believe this tool would be great in terms of reinforcing information. I do believe hearing something is a lot better than reading about it and Voicethread does that. You can hear comments that others made, which can help you further enhance your knowledge. Overall, Voicethread is a great tool to use and although I did express some hesitation on adding it into my PLE, I do feel that using this tool as an reinforcement to your study material, will reward great benefits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment