Sunday 31 January 2016

My Experience with RSS Feeds

I found this week particularly challenging as I have never dealt with RSS feeds before. I have always seen that orange icon around web pages, but never knew its true purpose until today. Overall, it was a challenge at first setting up; however I found the end result very pleasurable. I will most likely continue to use this tool as I found it very nifty to bundle all my sports, business, and world news in one convenient location.

One article that I found particularly interesting using Feedly Reader was Smartphone Apps unreliable for fitness tracking . This article discusses how the most popular fitness apps are providing non-factual information to users. I found this article really interesting as I use a fitness tracking app. The current app I use is called S Health which at the end of the day gives me alerts of my total steps I walked. It also keeps track of my heart rate and how much calories I have lost. After reading this article I found it concerning that I could being deceived by this app similar to the apps in the article. As I am trying to lose weight, accurate information is a must and knowing apps such as the ones mentioned in the article may be deceiving others is wrong and would not recommend to anyone to download. I hope that in the near future these fitness apps will improve and provide more accurate information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment